Lockdown Special: All courses for R1 500 via Skype
- PROGRAMME NAME: MANAGE BUSINESS FINANCE
SAQA ID: 117500 TITLE: Manage finance in a small business NQF L4 CREDITS 8
In particular, on completion of this Unit Standard, the learner is able to:
- Apply for finance and negotiate terms of any loan.
- Understand how various pieces of legislation affect the finances of a company operating in South Africa.
- Perform costing and a break-even analysis.
- Supervise Debtor and Creditor control.
- Ensure that accurate financial record keeping takes place.
- Oversee the cash flow of an organisation.
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
Although the learner will gain knowledge of various forms of capital injection he/she will not be expected to act as an expert in any of these methods, based solely on the achievement of this Unit Standard.
- Communication in English Level 4 (Grade 12)
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4 (Grade 12)
2. PROGRAMME NAME: OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
SAQA ID: 8015 TITLE: Executing general office administration NQF L2 CREDITS 4
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
The applied competence expressed in this standard covers established and familiar office routines in a freight handling environment, where the learner must demonstrate full responsibility for quality and timeousness of output.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Consider the method(s) for collating, recording, storage and retrieval.
Consider the method(s) for collating, recording, storage and retrieval of information and workplace records.
- Respond timeously and appropriately to the receipt of communications.
Respond timeously and appropriately to the receipt of communications and the dissemination of information to internal and external customers (written, verbal, and/or electronic).
- Generate communications (e.g. document style).
Generate communications (e.g. document style) in accordance with prevailing organisational and industry requirements and norms.
- Select the correct medium to use.
Select the correct medium to use in the generation, handling and processing of documents and communication (e.g. e-mail, Internet, fax).
- Prioritise activities to facilitate an efficient flow of communication.
Prioritise activities to facilitate an efficient flow of communication and documentation for the enhancement of the organisation’s image.
- Conduct the reception and referral of visitors and/or clients in a courteous and hospitable manner.
UNIT STANDARD ESSENTIAL EMBEDDED KNOWLEDGE
The learner can understand, explain and apply:
- Documentation collation, storage and retrieval systems.
- Organisational and industry structures and work systems.
- The full range of business communication skills (written, verbal and/or electronic).
- Ethical behaviour in dealing with confidential information.
- Different sources of information required for administrative functions, and where to locate such sources (e.g. Bargaining Agreements).
- NQF 1 (Grade 9) or General Education and Training Certificate
- Operating Computer Systems (Computer Literacy)
- Communicating and conducting interpersonal relations in industry.
3. PROGRAMME NAME: HIV AND AIDS IN A WORKPLACE
SAQA ID: 13915 TITLE: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and
its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace
NQF L3 CREDITS 4
Credited learners are capable of:
- Understanding the effects of HIV/AIDS on the immune system.
- Knowing how HIV/AIDS is transmitted.
- Knowing what behaviour is safe and what behaviour carries the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission.
- Knowing what guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS and recognise own role in creating a caring work environment.
- Understanding the implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic for society, the economy, a business sub-sector, an organisation and a specific workplace.
UNIT STANDARD RANGE
- The effect of HIV/AIDS on the individual, the workplace and society.
- The effect of the HIV/AIDS pandemic on the economy, a sub-sector, and organisation and a specific workplace.
- Communication in English Level 2 (Grade 10)
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2 (Grade 10)