CROP PROTECTION OF VEGETABLES TRAINING COURSE
This is a non-credit bearing course under AGRI SETA. Duration: 4 days
The Basic Crop Protection course provides an overview of the crop protection industry and aims to set a minimum standard for people active in the industry.
Upon completion one would be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the psysiological functioning of the anatomical structures of the plant in relation to its environment.
- Recognise, control and monitor pests, diseases and weeds on all crops effectively and responsibly.
- Monitor, collect and collate agricultural data; store and apply crop protection products effectively and responsibly.
- Apply effective and responsible integrated pest-, disease- and weed control.
MODULE 1. PLANTS
1.1 Introduction to plants
1.2 Plant cells
1.3 Germination of seeds
1.4 Roots and stems
1.6 Flowers and fruits
MODULE 2. PESTS AND WEEDS
2.3 Plant disease
2.5 Damage assessment
MODULE 3. APPLICATION
3.1 Agricultural data
3.2 Storing and transporting
3.3 Legal, regulatory, safety and health
3.5 Pre-application plan
3.8 Post application procedures
3.9 Monitoring and reports
MODULE 4. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT (IPM)
4.1 Crop protection industry in perspective
4.2 The principals of integrated pest management
4.3 Identify beneficial and problem organisms in crop production
4.4 Control measures
4.6 Information resources
4.7 Regulatory environment
Total fees: R600 per learner
Fee covers the following items:
• Learning material
• Learner Portfolios
• Facilitation and Assessment.
WHO THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT
Employees of companies that operate in the crop protection industry Pest Control Operators, Producers