COMBO GUIDE AND ASSIST LEARNERS TRAINING COURSE
This course is accredited by the ETDP Seta and covers unit standards 117865 & 117874 at NQF level 4/5 worth 14 credits. Duration: 5 days
117865 Assist and support learners to manage their learning experiences & 117874 Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities
This course is useful to those who provide a basic level of support and assistance to learners about their learning and assessment needs. Furthermore the course allows those who work within an education, training and development context and who provide guidance and advise to learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities to provide guidance and support.
Upon successful completion of the learning programme, learners will be able to:
- Source and maintain information to assist and support learners
- Provide assistance and support to learners
- Maintain records of assistance and support provided
- Review support services.
- Identify and analyse learner needs
- Prepare and review an individual development plan
- Provide guidance to learners
- Maintain records of learner needs and guidance provided
- Evaluate services provided.
- Explain the outcomes-based approach to education and training
- Describe the National Qualifications Framework
- Describe and explain standards
- Describe and explain national qualifications
- Develop a broad plan for implementing the NQF within an organisation.
- Learning programme content
- Structure, admission requirements
- Exit level outcomes,
- Learning contracts
- Approaches to learning and assessment;
- Career progression options within the occupation
- Typical learning or personal difficulties experienced by learners.
Module 1: Guide Learners about their Learning,
Module 2: Guide learners about Assessment & Recognition Opportunities
Module 3: Source and maintain information to assist and support learners;
Aid and support to learners;
Module 4: Maintain records of assistance and support provided; and
Module 5: Review support services.
Module 6: Learning programme content
Module 7: Structure, admission requirements
Module 8: Exit level outcomes,
Module 9: Learning contracts
Module 10: Approaches to learning and assessment;
Module 11: Career progression options within the occupation
Module 12: Typical learning or personal difficulties experienced by learners.
Total fees: R5700 per learner
Fee covers the following items:
• Learning material
• Learner Portfolios
• Facilitation and Assessment.
• ETDP SETA Statement of Results
WHO THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT
- ODETDP Practitioners
- Educators and Mentors in the workplace.