COMBO – ASSESSOR & DESIGN ASSESSMENTS
This course is accredited by the ETDP Seta and covers unit standards: 115755 & 115753 at NQF level 5/6 worth 25 credits. Duration: 5 days
115755, Design and develop outcomes-based assessments
115753, Conduct Outcomes Based Assessment
This course is aimed at people who wish to design and develop assessments to facilitate consistent, credible, reliable, fair, and unbiased assessments of learning outcomes. The outcomes may be defined in a range of documents including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. This is a generic assessment unit standard, and candidates can design and develop assessments within any field of learning in line with their subject matter expertise.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to define the key concepts associated with skills development and you will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of design principles of outcomes-based assessment,
- Design outcomes-based assessments,
- Develop assessment activities,
- Develop assessment guides, and
- Evaluate assessment designs and guides.
- Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based assessment
- Prepare for assessments
- Conduct assessments
- Provide feedback on assessments and
- Review assessments
- Module 1: Understanding Outcomes-based Assessment
- Module 2: Prepare For Assessment
- Module 3: Conduct Assessment
- Module 4: Provide Feedback on Assessments
- Module 5: Review Assessments
- Module 6: Demonstrate understanding of design principles of outcomes-based assessment.
- Module 7: Design outcomes-based assessments.
- Module 8: Develop assessment activities
- Module 9: Develop assessment guides
- Module 10: Evaluate assessment design and guides
Module 1: Understanding Outcomes-based Assessment
- Holistic Development Model
- Outcomes-based Assessment
- Principles and regulations concerning the NQF
- Assessment and Moderation of Learning
- Assessment Policies
- Key Principles of Assessment
- Assessing Competence
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Methods of Assessment
- Approach to Giving Feedback on Assessment Results
Module 2: Prepare For Assessment
- Steps to Follow when Preparing for Assessment
- Ensuring Fairness of the Assessment
- Ensuring Safety of the Assessment
- Notify Parties Involved in the Assessment
- Carry Out all Pre-assessment Moderation Requirements
- Explain Assessment Details to Candidates
- Potential Barriers to Assessment (Special Needs)
- Documents Relevant to the Preparation and Planning of Assessment
Module 3: Conduct Assessment
- Assessment Practices
- Carry Out the Assessment According to the Assessment Design and Plan
- Is it Necessary or Desirable to assess each Criterion Separately?
- Use Questioning Techniques to Elicit Appropriate Responses
- Gather Sufficient Evidence
- Ensure that Assessment Judgements are Consistent
- Processing of Assessment Results
- Reporting Procedures
Module 4: Provide Feedback on Assessments
- Give Feedback to Relevant Parties
- Use the Correct Type and Manner to Give Feedback
- Obtain Feedback on the Assessment Process from the Candidate
- Provide Opportunities for Clarification and Explanations
- Deal with Disputes and / or Appeals that Arise
- Record Agreements Reached
Module 5: Review Assessments
- Review the Assessment Process
- Identify Weaknesses in the Assessment Design and Process.
Module 6: Demonstrate understanding of design principles of outcomes-based assessment.
- Compare outcomes-based design with other forms of design
- Identify the key differences between designs for RPL assessment vs programme-based Assessment. Describe different assessment methods application in different contexts.
Module 7: Design outcomes-based assessments.
- Understand the context in terms of special needs, cost-effectiveness and the overall
- Assessment plan. Understand that the assessment design must ensure the collection of valid and sufficient evidence and identify potential unfair barriers to achievement by candidates.
Module 8: Develop assessment activities
- Activities to facilitate the production of valid, sufficient, authentic and current evidence
- Promote integrated assessment
Module 9: Develop assessment guides
- Guides to contain all the details needed by the assessor and provides clear details of the assessment activities. The guide to include appropriate support material, including observation sheets, checklists and memoranda as applicable.
Module 10: Evaluate assessment design and guides
- Evaluation results are described in terms of good principles of assessment.
- Evaluations are carried out in line with quality assurance requirements.
Total fees: R5700 per learner
Fee covers the following items:
- Learning material
- Learner Portfolios
- Facilitation and Assessment.
- ETDP SETA Statement of Results
WHO THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT
- Human Resource Managers
- Work Place Assessors