ASSIST AND SUPPORT LEARNERS TRAINING COURSE
This course is accredited by the ETDP Seta and covers unit standards 117865 at NQF level 4 worth 5 credits. Duration: 2 days
This Skills Programme will be useful to those who provide a basic level of support and assistance to learners about their learning and assessment needs. Attendees will be able to provide basic support and assistance to learners in terms of issues such as:
Learning programme content, structure, admission requirements, exit level outcomes, learning contracts, approaches to learning and assessment; Career progression options within the occupation; and Typical learning or personal difficulties experienced by learners. This course excludes complex situations involving diagnosis of needs, career counselling, personal counselling or psychological services.
Practitioners will also gain understanding of OBET and the NQF during this course.
Upon successful completion of the learning programme, learners will be able to:
- Source and maintain information to assist and support learners
- Provide assistance and support to learners
- Maintain records of assistance and support provided
- Review support services.
- Identify and analyse learner needs
- Prepare and review an individual development plan
- Identify and analyse learner needs;
- Prepare and review an individual development plan;
- Provide guidance to learners;
- Maintain records of learner needs and guidance provided; and
- Evaluate services provided.
- Learning programme content
- Structure, admission requirements
- Exit level outcomes,
- Learning contracts
- Approaches to learning and assessment;
- Career progression options within the occupation
- Typical learning or personal difficulties experienced by learners.
Total fees: R1300 per learner
Fee covers the following items:
• Learning material
• Learner Portfolios
• Facilitation and Assessment.
• ETDP SETA Statement of Results
WHO THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT
- ODETDP Practitioners
- Educators and Mentors in the workplace.