ASSESSOR TRAINING COURSE
This course is accredited by the ETDP Seta and covers unit standards 115753 at NQF level 5 worth 15 credits. Duration: 3 days
This is an in-depth course for hard working candidates wanting to enter the professional industry of training and development. Educators in addition to facilitating learning, need to be competent assessors to understand how effective they have been in transferring learning. Our comprehensive course will provide you with all the necessary skills and understanding for a successful career in Assessment.
This course is designed to prepare you for a variety of challenges faced when dealing with learners in a school or the workplace environment. Knowing how to handle difficult situations objectively, and with tact, is as important as being knowledgeable about the training and development of workplace skills. The course is very practical and allows you time to internalize your learning through activities, so you are be able to complete your POE on the last day. Upon completion one would be able to:
Prepare for assessments.
- Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based assessment.
- Identify and solve problems using critical and creative thinking: preparing for contingencies, candidates with special needs, problems that arise during assessment, suggesting changes to assessment.
- Organize and manage oneself and ones activities: preparing, conducting and recording the assessment.
- Work effectively in a team using critical and creative thinking: working with candidates and other relevant parties during assessment, as well as post-assessment.
Provide feedback on assessments.
- Collect, analyse, organize and critically evaluate information: gather, evaluate and judge evidence and the assessment process.
- Communicate effectively: prepare candidates for assessment, communicate during assessment, and provide feedback.
- Demonstrate the world as a set of related systems: understanding the impact of assessment on individuals and organisations.
- Be culturally and aesthetically sensitive across a range of social contexts: give feedback on assessments in a culturally sensitive manner.
Module 1: Understanding Outcomes-based Assessment
- Holistic Development Model
- Outcomes-based Assessment
- Principles and regulations concerning the NQF
- Assessment and Moderation of Learning
- Assessment Policies
- Key Principles of Assessment
- Assessing Competence
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Methods of Assessment
- Approach to Giving Feedback on Assessment Results
Module 2: Prepare For Assessment
- Steps to Follow when Preparing for Assessment
- Ensuring Fairness of the Assessment
- Ensuring Safety of the Assessment
- Notify Parties Involved in the Assessment
- Carry Out all Pre-assessment Moderation Requirements
- Explain Assessment Details to Candidates
- Potential Barriers to Assessment (Special Needs)
- Documents Relevant to the Preparation and Planning of Assessment
Module 3: Conduct Assessment
- Assessment Practices
- Carry Out the Assessment According to the Assessment Design and Plan
- Is it Necessary or Desirable to assess each Criterion Separately?
- Use Questioning Techniques to Elicit Appropriate Responses
- Gather Sufficient Evidence
- Ensure that Assessment Judgements are Consistent
- Processing of Assessment Results
- Reporting Procedures
Module 4: Provide Feedback on Assessments
- Give Feedback to Relevant Parties
- Use the Correct Type and Manner to Give Feedback
- Obtain Feedback on the Assessment Process from the Candidate
- Provide Opportunities for Clarification and Explanations
- Deal with Disputes and / or Appeals that Arise
- Record Agreements Reached
Module 5: Review Assessments
- Review the Assessment Process
- Identify Weaknesses in the Assessment Design and Process.
Total fees: R3400 per learner
Fee covers the following items:
• Learning material
• Learner Portfolios
• Facilitation and Assessment.
• ETDP SETA Statement of Results
WHO THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT
- Human Resource Managers
- Work Place Assessors